We eat tomatoes with every meal. The kids especially love cherry tomatoes and I go tons in the summer and end up giving loads away.
BUT, not any more!
Fermented Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Cups of Cherry tomatoes or enough to fill 800- 1L jar
- 2 TBS of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic slices
- 1TB of mixed Italian Herbs
- Add tomatoes, salt, garlic and herbs to the Jar.
- Add whey or other starter culture
- Leave to ferment on the bench for 3-4 days
- Move to cold storage. In cold storage they can last up to 12 months.