Summer tends to be the time when people are out BBQ-ing and entertaining, loads of yummy dips and what better to dip with than vegetable crudites.
Even better is to use fermented ones for the added benefits!
So quick and easy too.
Fermented Garlic Carrot Sticks
- I12 carrots, cut into sticks
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root sliced
- 2 TBS Salt
- 1/2 cup Whey or other culture
- Add carrots, garlic, ginger and whey to a large jar.
- Pour in enough filtered water to cover, leaving a inch or 2 of head space.
- Leave on the bench to ferment for 5-7 days
- Transfer to cold storage. May last up to 9 months.