Anyone who loves home made mayo will adore this fermented mayo recipe!
Another one that is great for getting ferments in without anyone knowing…
I find many people who hear the word ‘ferment’ think SAUERKRAUT and won’t go any further. They instantly think sour and smelly and switch off. Fermented and Cultured foods are so much more than just sauerkraut and don’t have to taste sour or be smelly!
- 250ml oil of choice, olive oil, macadamia, grapeseed, almond etc.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2tsp himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mustard (optional )
- 1 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Add any herbs that you would like to flavour your mayo with.
- 2tbs whey
- In a tall jug, put eggs yolks, mustard, vinegar, whey and salt.
- Insert stick blender all the way to the bottom and start blending.
- Keep mixing and slowly drizzle oil in.
- Move to a jar and allow to ferment for 8-12 hrs then move to fridge.
- Mayonnaise will keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks.