This Carrot chutney is great with just about any meal- awesome alongside a steak or roast but just as lovely mixed through a salad or with some bacon and eggs for breakfast.
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup whey
- 2cm knob shredded ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of turmeric
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash with potato masher to help carrot release juices.
- Pack tightly into jars, leaving space in the top for fermentation to happen without bubbling over.
- Add a little water if the carrot is not covered.
- Put a lid on. Leave at room temperature for 3-5 days, then put in the fridge.