Blueberry Kefir Cake
125g Butter, or Coconut Oil
1 Cup Sweetener of your choice, sugar, honey, Stevia( you don’t need a cup of stevia)
2 Cups plain flour – you can use white or wholemeal, Spelt, we like the wholemeal Spelt.
1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
3/4 Cup of Kefir
1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen.
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a round spring form Cake tin.
2. Using an electric mixer, or whisk, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine.
4. Add half the flour mix (flour and baking powder, and half the kefir, stir to combine.
5. Add the remainder of flour mix and kefir and stir until combined. Be careful not to over work the batter, just until combined.
6. Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Press blueberries in slightly.
7. bake for 50 mins,or until a skewer comes out clean. If the top of the cake seems to be getting too dark, cover with foil.
8. Let cool and sprinkle with Icing Sugar, or coconut.
Eat and Enjoy! The better the Ingredients the better more nutrients.
*** To help reduce phytic acid in the flour, you can soak this cake overnight in the fridge before adding the baking powder and then cook.